[Mailman-Users] Re: Accepting postings from multiple domains

Michael Steeves msteeves at eecs.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 17 02:17:16 CET 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 5:43 PM, Wil Cooley wrote:
> On 2005-02-16, Michael Steeves <msteeves at eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
>> At our site, we basically have several domains that all resolve to the
>> same mailbox/location (ee.tufts.edu, ece.tufts.edu, cs.tufts.edu and
>> eecs.tufts.edu).  Is there a way in mailman that you can set it up so
>> that an e-mail from foo at cs.tufts.edu is treated the same as
>> foo at eecs.tufts.edu, for posting purposes?  We are having problems
>> trying to move people onto mailman (from majordomo), and depending on
>> where they send the e-mail from they may get a different "domain" on
>> outgoing e-mail, and thus have posts to mailing lists get held up or
>> rejected.
> Can you not just have your MTA rewrite to a canonical address?

It's an option that I'll float, but the group has been moving away from
one domain/address, and to multiple ones, so I don't particularly see
that as being a solution I can implement, unfortunately.

- -Mike
- --
Michael Steeves                 | Tufts University
msteeves at eecs.tufts.edu         | Department of EE and CS
Phone:  617-627-2601            | 161 College Avenue
FAX:    617-627-3220 (Dept. Fax)| Medford, MA 02155
PGP Key Fingerprint: AD18 0D04 8D5C E0EF 7C21  78C2 BA7B 9807 0B18 662F

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (Darwin)