[Mailman-Users] what gives?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 17 02:28:29 CET 2005

sea23 at seasalt.org wrote:

>I AM running firefox.
>
>Reread my post, please. Are you saying that someone (or program)
>hijacked my web browser and patiently waits for me to subscribe to this
>mailing list or any other mailman mailing list in order to then send me
>a confirm mailman email for their list?! Like I said, I have subscribed
>to this list twice, two weeks apart. Each time I did, I received a
>mailman confirm email for THEIR list within 24 hours after I first
>posted to the list.

Are you saying that your subscription to this list went as expected
including the confirmation e-mail and then only after you posted you
got a confirmation request from the other list?

>What I think is that these people are subscribed to this list and when
>someone posts to this list for the first time, they then subscribe them
>to their list and out goes a confirm email from them.

That's an interesting theory, but it still could be a coincidence. If
your theory is correct, why just attempt to subscribe you. why not
subscribe you without confirmation required? And, why not subscribe me
too?

Then again, maybe there's someone picking on you?