[Mailman-Users] security heads up - path traversal with 2.1.5

Warren Woodward scratch at xmission.com
Thu Feb 10 00:54:41 CET 2005

For whatever its worth, it is a daily concern to me that there are common
enemies out there that have far more time to keep up on exploits in
certain areas than I do.

I rely on this list for Mailman info.  Before this afternoon, I was
unaware my server, with over 400 lists and tens of thousands of
subscribers, was completely vulnerable.  Now I know, it has been secured,
and I was able to verify from logs that it was undamaged.

Why anyone would consider that a problem is beyond my comprehension.

 --
warren woodward
XMission DSL
warrenw at xmission.com
(801) 303-0819
(877) XMISSION

"The book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."  --Bergen Evans