[Mailman-Users] Help me out pls

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Feb 17 23:02:25 CET 2005

At 6:29 PM +0000 2005-02-17, iouq2 a wrote:

>  when i add users in it iit send email that u r been added and send
>  notification this means it is working fine

	No, it means that the Mailman part has been done, and that you
may have additional work to do to get your MTA to recognize the new
mailing list.

>  but when i send email to marketing at futureinsite.net
>
>  it says email not found

	Right.  Your MTA has not been configured to recognize the new list.

>  tell me the complete command how this problem will be solved i am new
>  in mailman setup

	This is going to depend on your particular platform, your MTA,
whether you installed Mailman from a binary package from your OS
vendor or if you installed from source, etc....

	I suspect that most of your problems come from taking things from
your OS vendor without understanding what they're supposed to be
doing.  In that case, you need to go back to the mailing lists,
newsgroups, and other support resources that are associated with your
OS.

	You may be able to fix some of your problems by reading the FAQ
entries at <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, or reading the
documentation that came with your installation of Mailman.

	If you installed from source, those files would have names like
BUGS, FAQ, INSTALL, NEWS, README, UPGRADING, etc... and would be
located at the top level of whatever directory where you extracted
the Mailman tarball.

	If you installed from a binary package from your vendor, then you
need to ask them where they put the documentation.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755