[Mailman-Users] Help me out pls

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 18 18:06:40 CET 2005

At 9:42 AM +0000 2005-02-18, iouq2 a wrote:

>  i tries to run on broad band dynamic ip and it works ... but i wanna
>  know can i run mailman and attach the domain with mailing list on my
>  proxy network which have ip like 192.168.0.1 ???? or not

	You'll have to have your NAT/proxy device forward incoming port
25 connections to your server, and if your provider blocks incoming
port 25 connections to residential/dynamic IP customers, then you
will have to find other ways to work around that problem.

	You'll also have to find a way to dynamically update your DNS so
that every time the external IP address of your NAT/proxy device
changes, the DNS is changed so that your mailing list will be
directed to the correct address.

>  and one another problem which is not concerned with mailing llist but
>  it is with mailserver but if u help me out i will be thankfull to u t
>
>  that my mailing list not send mail to yahoo.com domain email bcoz yahoo
>  had blocked mail from open relay

	They probably block all dynamic IP addresses from your provider.
You're not going to be able to get around this short of using your
ISP's outbound mail services, or finding a third-party SMTP service
provider who can give you that service.

>  i know this is the problem in MTA but can u help me out
>  what can i do with sendmail to fix the problem so then my mailing list
>  can send email to yahoo.com email

	I don't think there's anything you can do on your server that
will allow you to fix this problem.  You have to change your upstream
mail routing.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755