[Mailman-Users] Re: mail not being sent/received

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 18 20:31:05 CET 2005

At 1:49 PM -0500 2005-02-18, jpsota at gmail.com wrote:

>  I think we're getting somewhere... I'm only seeing the following line
>  from netstat that listens on 25:
>
>  tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
>
>  (I don't see tcp4 and tcp6 listed at all)

	Then your kernel probably isn't configured to support IPv6, or
the OS you're using has a different way of indicating what addresses
are IPv4 versus IPv6.

>  How do I change the sendmail configuration to listen to all traffic
>  coming to port 25?

	That depends on whether you want to edit the sendmail.cf file
directly, or if you want to edit the sendmail.mc file that should
then be "compiled" into your sendmail.cf.  But it's been years since
I've done much with sendmail, so I'll have to check the documentation.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755