[Mailman-Users] auto-rejecting BCCs?

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 22 12:59:33 CET 2005

John Owens wrote:

> I apologize if this is a current option and I just
> can't find it ...
> I have generic_nonmember_action set to Accept, since
> we're using the list to have non-members as questions.
> I receive spam on this list too that is BCCed. Every
> mail I've seen on this list that has been BCCed has
> been spam. Thus require_explicit_destination is set to
> yes. What I can't find is how to reject this mail
> automatically; instead it's held for approval for me,
> and I'd rather it be junked immediately. Is there a
> setting for this?
No. But there is a trick for this if you play with the spam filter.

Go to admin -> privacy -> spam page and put following in spam filter rule 1:
and set this to Accept. Then, click Add new item (after this one)
and put
and set this to Reject or Discard.
Do not forget to click [Submit Your Changes].

I've not fully tested but this should work. You can first set the second
rule to Hold and check the effect.