[Mailman-Users] mass export of email addresses

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 22 21:44:34 CET 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

>At 7:15 PM +0000 2005-02-21, Helen East wrote:
>
>>  I'm the listowner of a mailman list and I will need in the future to
>>  export the 300 list members to another mailing list.   I can't find any
>>  kind of way of getting all the email addresses out of Mailman into
>>  another format (eg. .csv file, or something) and there are too many to
>>  do by hand!
>
>	See <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp>.

The command line tools mentioned in the FAQ article are the best and
most preferred way to do these kinds of things, but if you don't have
shell access there are a couple of other ways to get a member list.

There is the web list roster page and the e-mail 'who' command. Both of
these have the 'problem' of not showing members who've opted out of
these lists, so they may not be satisfactory in a particular case.

You can also get a member list by scripting the web interface. See
http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb for an
example.