[Mailman-Users] searching private archives

Ted Targosz tedtarg at jobstreet.com
Wed Feb 23 01:43:09 CET 2005

I'd like to enable text searching of our private archives on some of our
Mailman 2.1.5 mailing lists...

I've read the FAQ
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.011.htp

and since the archives are private, i can't use a public search engine
such as google.. so I'll need to utilize something like the pipermail
patches described in the FAQ

Is this still the best, easiest solution?  I don't like patching mailman
since I'm using yum to maintain the system and I'll have to go back and
patch it every time i update ...

If so, do i only need to apply [ #444879 ] Archive indexer control to
improve indexing and   [ #444884 ] Integration of Mailman & htdig for
archive search since I'm running 2.1.5?

Finally, is there any particular reason why a search box hasn't been
included in the archives for mailman by default?

--
Ted Targosz
Business Development/Operations Manager
email: tedtarg at jobstreet.com