[Mailman-Users] Mailman error was emailed to user mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 25 04:22:34 CET 2005

Terry Allen wrote:

>	Just wondered if someone can look at the following for me.
>	Mailman sent the following traceback:
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 87, in main
>     mlist.Save()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 525, in Save
>     self.__save(dict)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 497, in __save
>     os.unlink(fname_last)
>OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:

This error is occurring when Mailman is trying the save the current
configuration for the mailman list. It has saved it to a temp name and
now is trying to rotate the files - i.e. remove config.pck.last, and
rename config.pck to config.pck.last and the temp name to config.pck,
but its attempt to unlink config.pck.last results in the above.

and the reply at
or see the following google search