[Mailman-Users] withlist -l -r fix_url fails to change link in archive

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri Jan 21 03:16:02 CET 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 22:31, brian.ensor wrote:

> After I have move all the files and completed the 'check_perms -f',
> receiving no errors, I go to run the command 'withlist -l -r fix_url
> mylist'.  After this completes, I am able to go into the web interface
> and login, search archives etc...all links appear to have been changed
> fine.  When I go to the archives, it appears that all of the archive
> links were corrected to the new url except for one.  The 'More info on
> this list...' link still points to the old url.  This is the case for
> all old archives...the current archive has the correct url (i.e.
> 2005-January archive is fine, but 2004-December and earlier are not).

I'm actually surprised the links to the prior postings themselves
appear to be correct rather than only the "More info..." link being
wrong.  The Pipermail indexes are normally static, and so I would have
expected you to have to do 'bin/arch --wipe' to rebuild them with the
new URL information.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/