[Mailman-Users] Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 24 19:58:28 CET 2005

Elijah wrote:

>1.  Is there a way I can search and find all users who have set
>their mode to "digest" ?

If you have command line access, bin/list_members will do this.

bin/list_members --help

>2.  If #1 is possible, can I then change these flags for all users
>from digest to non-digest mode or does it have to be done
>individually ?

Again if you have command line access, you can do this with
bin/withlist as follows - Warning! this is untested - use at your own
risk - backup the list/<listname>/config.pck file first.

Make the following six line file and save it in bin/nodigest.py

---------------file begins on next line
from Mailman import mm_cfg

def nodigest(mlist):
    for member in mlist.getDigestMemberKeys():
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.Digests, 0)
    mlist.Save()
---------------file ends on previous line

Then do

bin/withlist -l -r nodigest <listname>

If you don't have command line access, it's more difficult. Both the
web roster (http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/<listname>) and the
e-mail "who" command will list regular and digest member separately,
but they don't show "hidden" members if any.

It is possible to do some things like this by scripting the web
interface. See
http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb for
examples.