[Mailman-Users] Two questions

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 25 17:40:40 CET 2005

Erin Dalzell wrote:

>I am running Mailman 2.1.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.7. I have two questions:
>1) what owner/group should the files in my mailman directory be?

Group is the important one. It should be the group your mailman ID is
in and not the group your web server runs as. If you're running
Apple's Mailman installation, this list may not be able to help you
much.

>2) why isn't my mm_cfg.py file being read? I have an add_virtualhost in
>there, but it is never picked up. After making changes, I run, fix_url
>and restart mailcntrl. But only the changes I make in Default.py are
>picked up.

If you're changing things rather than just adding, try putting
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear() ahead of your mm_cfg.py entries.

See
articles 1.21, 4.21, 4.29 and 4.53