[Mailman-Users] Setting MIME as default for new Non-Digestsubscribers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 26 20:39:34 CET 2005

Steve Reiter wrote:

>I wish to send out announcements in html, and so wish to make the
>default for new subscribers be MIME.  While I see a setting under Digest
>Options (MIME_is_Default_Digest), I don't see any equivalent option
>under Non-Digest Options... and new subscribers continue to come in as
>plain text.

The reason this option is in the digest section is it affects only the
format of digests. It is totally meaningless for non-digest
subscribers.
If you select MIME digests, the digest is multipart with each message
in its own part. Otherwise it is flat plain text.

>QUESTIONS:
>In order to avoid having to manually change this option for each
>existing subscriber, is there a way to force all existing subscribers to
>receive MIME in Non-Digest mode?
>
>If not, is there a way to force all NEW subscribers to be enrolled with
>MIME as their default?
>
>Also, is there a way to "lock" the MIME switch on, so that users who try
>to change their option to plain text will be prevented from doing so?

Your questions are not relevant to what you are doing. To send MIME
format messages to non-digest subscribers you just post that format to
the list and either turn off content filtering or adjust the content
filtering to pass what you want.