[Mailman-Users] postfix and mailman

Glenn E. Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Wed Jan 26 20:52:30 CET 2005

lenny wrote:

> postfix, mailman, solaris.
>
> I keep getting this error when creating lists via web interface.
> all data/alias* files are owned by mailman:mailman and I have the mta
> defined as postfix and /usr/local/data/aliases as postfix alias map.
> It seems that after I run bin/genaliases command manually, things move
> on. the list can be managed and mail gets delivered, but it's not good
> enough, since the list owner never gets the "list created" message
> because of this error and obviously I don't want to have to run
> genaliases all the time.
>
> Also, postfix complains for some reason. Should it even be trying this ?

Hey Lenny,

Per this FAQ entry:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.009.htp

Check the permissions on the file.. make sure they're 0664 (unless
you're on Debian Sarge, where they suggest 0666.

You may also wish to check the end of the FAQ entry where they have a
caveat about Postfix if it's not installed in a default location...

Best,
--Glenn