[Mailman-Users] E-Mail to some users get lost or are very late

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 17:03:44 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 16:38 +0200, Götz Reinicke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we run mailman mailman-2.1.5-33.rhel4 on a RHEL 4 Clone (Tao Linux 4,
> kernel 2.6.9-11.ELsmp). Some days ago, some users noticed, that they
> dont get all mails send to the mailinglists they are subscribed to or
> that they get the mails with a delay from some days or weeks :-(
>
> I checked the quota, forward, alias and mailman settings for thouth
> users, but everything seams O.K. for me.
>
> We use sendmail as MTA and dovecot as imap server.
>
> Any ideas what to check? Or waht info to provide?

You're going to have to identify one of the delayed emails and look at
it's headers to see where it was held up. You might also look
at /var/log/maillog and the /var/log/mailman/smtp logs to see if and
when the suspect messages were processed. Missing mail may have also
bounced. Once your MTA hands off a set of mail to a destination SMTP
server a whole host of things can happen to it that has nothing to do
with your server. Your best bet is to verify from the logs the mail left
your server when you expected it to.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>