[Mailman-Users] Administrative requests oddity

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jul 12 03:39:11 CEST 2005

    Mike> The key seems to be the line, "admin(82489): UnicodeError:
    Mike> ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)"

Since spammers (and Russians and Japanese for that matter) regularly
put non-ASCII into headers, I have to wonder if this is due to the
header breakage.  Ie, you'd think we'd see this problem all the time.

I'm surprised we're still seeing this in 2.1.6.  :-(

    Mike> Does anyone have a better workaround?

If it is in fact the 8-bit content in the headers, and you're sure
that nobody you want to get mail from would ever do such a thing, you
could add "[\x80-\xFF]" to the "shoot-on-sight" portion of your spam
filtering rules.