[Mailman-Users] Duplicate Unsubscribe Notifications

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jul 13 10:36:52 CEST 2005

At 10:47 PM -0400 2005-07-12, LifeTrek Coaching wrote:

>  When Mailman automatically removes a name from the list, I (as list owner
>  and moderator) and receiving either 3 or 4 notices for each name that is
>  removed. What is causing these multiple notices? How can I resolve the
>  issue? Let me know. Thanks.

	It's hard to say.  What's in your "bounce" and "subscribe" logs
for these users?  Have you looked closely at the headers of the
duplicate messages you've received to see if they have the same
"Message-ID:" header?  Have you looked at the "Received:" headers on
these duplicate messages, to see if they might have obviously been
split and duplicated at some point?

	What's in your MTA logs?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755