[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.5 - FQDN Question

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Jul 21 14:02:13 CEST 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 15:38, Cogley, Rick wrote:
> # NOTE: bug with quotes
> # add_virtualhost('DEFAULT_URL_HOST', 'DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST')
> add_virtualhost('www.domainofmine.net', 'domainofmine.net')

Note that DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are variable names
not strings, and so should not have been quoted:

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.example.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'example.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

> I dug around some more and was able to find out how to fix the
> symptoms. If
> I run fix_url on the lists, they appear in the web interface.

Any time you do something that changes the URL, you need to use
fix_url to update existing lists.

> However, can anyone tell me why lists created in the web interface
> default
> to www.domainofmine.net but lists created from the command line
> default to
> localhost.localdomain? Of course, I can just run fix_url after
> every list
> creation in the shell script, but, is there a "template" somewhere
> that I
> can use to set it to use www.domainofmine.net for all lists?

I would guess that there is a value being added to the VIRTUAL_HOSTS
dictionary in your Defaults.py that has the wrong DEFAULT_URL_HOST.
'clear'ing it in your mm_cfg.py allows you to be explict about the
entries.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/