[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.5 - FQDN Question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 21 17:11:13 CEST 2005

Cogley, Rick wrote:

>However, can anyone tell me why lists created in the web interface default
>to www.domainofmine.net but lists created from the command line default to
>localhost.localdomain? Of course, I can just run fix_url after every list
>creation in the shell script, but, is there a "template" somewhere that I
>can use to set it to use www.domainofmine.net for all lists?
>
>Hope someone can assist! Thanks in advance!

and

>/path/to/newlist -l en -q $CSHORTNAME-sales owner at domainofmine.net s0m3pass

bin/newlist will create the list in the DEFAULT_URL_HOST domain unless
you specify another domain. In your case DEFAULT_URL_HOST is
localhost.localdomain because of your original work-around.

You can create the list in the correct domain with newlist in 2.1.5
using the arcane syntax

/path/to/newlist -l en -q $CSHORTNAME-sales at www.domainofmine.net
owner at domainofmine.net s0m3pass

(note www.domainofmine.net, not domainofmine.net)

In 2.1.6 this syntax is deprecated in favor of

/path/to/newlist -l en -q -u www.domainofmine.net $CSHORTNAME-sales
owner at domainofmine.net s0m3pass