[Mailman-Users] Mailman not sending - Solved(?)

bronto at csd-bes.net bronto at csd-bes.net
Fri Jul 22 22:26:58 CEST 2005

Quoting John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>:

> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 11:27 -0700, bronto at csd-bes.net wrote:
>> Thanks for your corrections and tips.
>> I made the changes, and it still didn't work.  I read the thread you
>> referenced, and verified that my permissions and users were correct.
>> I then went back to look at my dns and machine settings, and found that
>> my host name had reverted back to the machine name, not the full name I
>> changed to it to previously that "fixed" the problem.  So it wasn't
>> that it was working for just one list and not others, it was that the
>> fix that I previously made reverted before I tested other mailing
>> lists.  When I changed it back again, all the files in the retry queue
>> flushed and I got a bunch of messages delivered on serveral lists.
>> I'm running SuSE 9.2; maybe there's a process running somewhere that is
>> doing this.  I know there are processes that keep permissions and other
>> settings in sync.  If this reverts again, I think the logical solution
>> would be to find where SuSE is deciding what hostname to use and change
>> it, or to change mm-cfg to match the hostname that SuSE wants to use.
> I can't speak for SuSE nor do I know how you changed your hostname, but
> I can tell you this, if you used the plain hostname command that change
> will not persist across reboots. See the hostname man page on your
> system for how to make a permanent change. Also, if your machine is
> being assigned a permanent IP address via a local DHCP server you will
> likely have to make that change in the DHCP configuration.

Thanks, the server has not rebooted, and the IP address is fixed.


This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list