[Mailman-Users] Mailman and XMail - No forwarding

Wiel wiel at forces-nl.org
Tue Jul 26 01:04:22 CEST 2005

Thanks for the prompt response, Mark.

The only error I find in the error log is:

Jul 25 22:05:24 2005 (25676) No such list "icons":

which I don't understand either....

The guidelines on the site mentioned earlier describe a procedure to do the wrapping:
  1.. The update-mailman-lists script will maintain the correct set of cmdaliases for us. First su to root, then simply run the
command

  /var/MailRoot/bin/update-mailman-lists

  2.. The update-mailman-lists script will create symlinks to the mailman-template.tab file for all aliases required for mailman.
The mailman-template.tab file causes XMail to use the /var/MailRoot/bin/mailman script to handle all mailman email. This script in
turn uses the econv program to pass email to mailman in the correct format.
  You can verify that the correct symlinks have been created in your cmdalias subdirectories. You'll need to run the
update-mailman-lists command whenever you add or remove mailman lists, or you can run the command automatically in a cronjob. If you
know a bit of Python code, you could even write a Mailman MTA plugin to do it automatically whenever you add or remove a list.

The mailman script and update-mailman-lists route all mailman posts to mailman-template.tab which looks like this:

"external"      "0"     "0"     "/var/MailRoot/bin/mailman"     "@@RCPT"        "@@TMPFILE"

Looks like this procedure is not working?

Wiel