[Mailman-Users] Umbrella Lists

Marc Silverman marc at silvermarc.com
Tue Jul 26 05:19:38 CEST 2005

Forgive me if I didn¹t locate a solution to this ­ I did find some posts
about Umbrella Lists, but nothing addressed my problem:

I have a dozen mailing lists.
I created an Umbrella List to post to all of them.
The posts go out, but each separate list Holds the message for Admin
Moderation:
Reason:    Message has implicit destination

No matter what I¹ve tried, I cannot get my post to not hit the ³Hold for
Admin Moderation²

Facts you might want to know:
I added each of the dozen list addresses to the umbrella list as
subscribers: 01list at domain.com, 02list at domain.com, etc.
I added the single umbrella list address to each of the dozen lists as a
subscriber also.
I also added my own address to all the lists because I am sending the emails
out from my own email address.

That ³Message has implicit destination² has appeared no matter what I¹ve
tried, and it is inconvinient to have to go to each of the dozen lists to
³accept² the post.

Has anyone come across this problem (and solved it)?

Thanks.

--Marc
  July 25, 2005 @ 11:18 PM

Marc Silverman