[Mailman-Users] REQ: show member names as well as email addresses

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jul 31 18:20:23 CEST 2005

Daevid Vincent wrote:

>I'm using version 2.1.5 (Gentoo) and when a member views the member list, it
>only shows the email addresses. I request that it also (or have the option
>for the moderator to allow this) to show the Names of the members too. It
>shows the full name when you click on the hyperlinked obscured email, but
>that is tedious if you're trying to find someone but don't know their email
>address.

RFEs are best submitted at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103 so they can
be properly tracked, commented, found, etc.

In fact, if you look, you'll find
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=983002&group_id=103&atid=350103
which addresses this issue. Feel free to add your own comment.

In the mean time, your users can get a member list including real name
via the e-mail 'who' command sent to the listname-request address.
This is not as convenient as the web roster for looking up a single
address, but it beats clicking every address looking for a specific
name.

The format of the 'who' command depends on whether the roster is
'public' or not. Send a 'help' command to the listname-request address
for list specific help.