[Mailman-Users] Non-subscribed distribution list?

Mailbag mailbag at anothernet.com
Mon Jun 6 16:01:50 CEST 2005

I'm a brand new user of Mailman currently scoping out its capabilities.  I
apologize if this question is out of line for this forum.  I've searched the
FAQ and the web in general but haven't found my answer.

We need a mailing list that is just a distribution list.  Here's the deal:
We have a neighborhood committee that's composed of several individuals.  We
would like to have a single address that any resident can send e-mail to.
That single address would then turn into the several addresses belonging to
the committee members.  The distribution list cannot require the sender of
the message to subscribe.  It needs to be an open list.

So, I have two questions:

1.  Is this possible with Mailman?

2.  If yes, can you please point me in the general direction (docs, etc), so
I can find out the full answer myself?

Thanks in advance!

Adolfo