[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains: Mailman 3 timeline? Cpanel changes?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Mon Jun 13 16:15:21 CEST 2005

At 6/12/2005 11:10 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>[...] it [full Virtual Domain support] probably won't happen before Mailman 3.

I know open-source projects usually do no react well to this question, but
I'll try anyway:

Is there a rough timeline for Mailman 3?  eg, which "order of magnitude"
shall one use: months or years?  Another way to put it: is the Mailman 3
design architecture outlined? done? documented?  still a twinkle in it's
daddy's eye?

Alternatively, has anyone been asking the Cpanel people about what changes
they made to Mailman to support full Virtual Domains (ie, email lists with
same name on 2 diff domains via the same Mailman install binary)?  Could
these sorts of changes possibly make it into a pre-3 release?

For what it's worth:  Mailman is the only remaining application on my web
server system(s) that does not easily allow me to support a true
virtual-domain server (because of the list namespace sharing/pollution
across domains).  Namely, Apache and qmail support this stuff well (as well
the necessary web apps sitting on Apache).  Mailman is the only one left in
my collection of tools that I'm trying to "virtualize."

-Matt