[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.6b4 issues

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Tue Jun 28 17:24:53 CEST 2005

Hello,

      I am new to the list so if I miss something or is improper
protocol, please let me know.

      Recently, we upgraded our mailman software from 2.0.13 to 2.1.6b4
and moved from a Solaris to Linux platform (RedHat AS 3 Update) on a
different machine. The Apache Web server we are running is 2.0.52. We
are successfully sending mail through the list server and the web server
is generally working, except for a couple of issues. The first issue is
that the software is sending unsubscription notices to user's e-mail
addresses, even though the "Send unsubscription acknowledgement to the
user" is set to No, under "Membership Management", "Mass Removal".
Secondly, when I try to change one of the configuration settings on a
list as the mailman administrator for any of the radio buttons under
"Mass Subscription" or "Mass Removal" and click on submit, the settings
revert back to the default setting.

     We were planning on installing the stable release of 2.1.6 but it
did not appear that this version addressed any of the problems that we
are having.

     Has anybody seen these problems? What can I check for? Is there any
other information you need from me to get an answer for these issues?

     Regards,

Darren Pifer
Old Dominion University
UNIX systems admin