[Mailman-Users] Welcome to the "Mailman-Users" mailing list

Peter Seebach seebs at plethora.net
Tue Jun 28 20:51:04 CEST 2005

In message <PC174020050627181552073442ec27d2 at msapiro>, Mark Sapiro writes:
>Peter Seebach wrote:
>
>>In message <mailman.1896.1119496649.10510.mailman-users at python.org>, mailman-us
>>ers-request at python.org writes:
>>>check out the Mailman FAQ at:
>

>And if you had, you might have come across
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
>which would have helped with your problem.
>
>You need to run fix_url against your old lists as explained in the
>'Existing versus new lists' section of the above FAQ article.

Thanks!  I actually did search the FAQ, but I apparently used the wrong search
keywords.  That looks helpful.  I was looking for explanations of the behavior; I
had no idea that the URLs were encoded in the list, or mattered, so I had no
idea I needed to read the stuff about changing the URL.  I assumed that since the
Mailman list was showing up, the URL was set correctly...

-s