[Mailman-Users] How to specify alternate port in./configure--mailhost= ?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 29 02:13:55 CEST 2005

Forrest Aldrich wrote:

>I was referring to the ./configure option:
>
>--with-mailhost      specify the hostname part for outgoing email

This option sets the value in Defaults.py for DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST which
in turn sets the domain part of e-mail addresses that appear in
outgoing mail and on web pages. E.g. the envelope sender is set to
<listname>-bounces@<this_value>.

It has nothing to do with the host for the outgoing SMTP server.

>Though I put your suggested fixes in there and that seems to work, too.
>
>What is this configure option - or is it just a switch that can be
>overidden in mm_cfg.py.

See above.