[Mailman-Users] block cc?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 1 00:23:47 CET 2005

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

>On Feb 28, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> A list owner asked me if a list can be configured so that any message
>> sent to the list could not have a cc (carbon copy) attached.
>
>that'd be a very bad idea. Look at this message, for instance. It'd
>block any message sent to the list with reply-to-all.
>
>you'd be blocking stuff based on a standard operation by many mail
>clients.

I agree with Chuq, but if you really want to do this, you can go to
Privacy options...->Recipient filters and set
require_explicit_destination to Yes and max_num_recipients to 2 and
then any post which is not addressed to the list and only the list
will be held.

Neither this nor anything else you can do will stop Bcc: though.