[Mailman-Users] Install needed on iPower Linux box w/ Plesk

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Mar 1 10:44:21 CET 2005

At Tue Mar 1 02:57:09 CET 2005, Steve Malm <sm at malmz.com> said:

>  Looking for somebody to do a remote install and configuration on a new
>  dedicated iPower server with a Plesk control panel.  Just need Mailman setup
>  so I can access it and build lists from the Plesk control panel.  It's a bit
>  over my head and I don't have time to learn.  Respond directly w/ rate and a
>  couple of references if you can help me out.  No learners like me please.

	I believe that Plesk is available with a version of Mailman
pre-integrated.  If you're going to try to use Mailman with Plesk, I
would strongly urge you to take advantage of that pre-integrated
version, so that you will be able to get support and assistance with
that from their support forums.

	Trying to integrate your own copy of Mailman with Plesk is an
involved and difficult subject.  So far as I am personally aware,
only one group has managed to get this working.  While we hope to be
able to take their experience and fold that into the Mailman
documentation, that has not happened yet and I don't know when we'll
be able to get that done.

	See also
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.015.htp>.

--