[Mailman-Users] Non-members allowed to post!

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Wed Mar 2 17:03:37 CET 2005

I have a serious problem here that I can't seem to figure out.  I've
been running Mailman for a very long time and have never seen this
behavior before.

A person is posting messages via GMane, but they are not subscribed to
the list.  However, their messages are being allowed to post!

I have my list configured with ...

generic_nonmember_action = hold
accept_these_nonmembers = <empty>
default_member_moderation = yes
member_moderation_action = hold

As you can see from this post log entry, the posting was accepted ...

Mar 02 09:26:10 2005 (28195) post to rpg400-l from pearlsoft at xxxxxxxxx,
size=2570, message-id=<d04kvp$kot$1 at sea.gmane.org>, success

But 'pearlsoft at xxxxxxxxx' is not subscribed to any of my lists.

If I send a message from one of my own email addresses that isn't
subscribed, it's held as it should be.

Any thoughts on how this can happen?

David Gibbs
david at midrange.com

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email