[Mailman-Users] Unknown encoding error

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 8 09:03:29 CET 2005

    Mark> Someone has posted a message to the list with the Subject:
    Mark> encoded in the gb2312 (Chinese) character set. It appears
    Mark> your Python doesn't support this character set, but it also
    Mark> looks like the code in CookHeaders.py protects against
    Mark> LookupError, so I'm not sure what's going on in detail.

In vanilla 2.1.5 there are a couple of paths to that error, I forget
the details, but the test in CookHeaders.py definitely didn't protect
all of them.  I posted a bug report to the tracker about one I found
months ago.

I'm fairly sure that Kikuchi-san fixed this later as part of some
other changes, so you could upgrade, or look for my bug report if I'm
wrong about the fix.