[Mailman-Users] subscribeack.txt ?

Aaron Crosman ACrosman at afsc.org
Thu Mar 10 21:48:38 CET 2005

The location of your lists directory varies depending on your setup.

For instance my SuSE 9.1 installation (from SuSE RPM's) places the lists
directory at:
/var/lib/mailman/lists/

Other have lists in:
/var/mailman/lists/

I believe it's common to find lists in /usr/local/mailman/lists/ and
many other locations (it seems most distros seem to feel the need to use
a different location just to be different).

If you don't know where your lists live, you should be able to find them
using the find.  There are several ways to do that I would choose:
find -type d / | grep <list name> 2> /dev/null

There are probably more elegant ways to find the path, but this should
get you the information you need.  If you only have FTP access you'll
need a more elegant solution since running find wont be an option.

Aaron