[Mailman-Users] Admin pw: change_pw Vs. web interface

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 14 18:50:22 CET 2005

Franco, Ruben wrote:

>     I have noticed that when changing the password for a list
>administrator using "change_pw", that mailman automatically e-mails a
>notification to the list owner of the change.  When changing the list
>administrator password via the Web Interface, there is no e-mail
>notification.  Is there a way to automatically have an e-mail
>notification sent to the list owner when resetting the administrator
>password done via the Web Interface?

Not without changing the code in Mailman/Cgi/admin.py.

The change_pw script was developed primarily to address the change in
stored password format in Mailman 2.1 that required resetting all list
passwords and notifying list owners. Presumably, that's why it has
this feature and the web interface doesn't.