[Mailman-Users] Attachment Handling

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 18 05:36:56 CET 2005

Roy McMorran wrote

>Just built and now testing Mailman 2.1.5.  It appears that Mailman
>removes attachments from digests, and puts a link to the archived
>attachment in its place with the notation  "A non-text attachment was
>scrubbed...".  But can I get the same behavior for non-digested messages?

This is done for plain text digests because the MIME structure required
for attachments to a specific message can't be included in a plain
text digest in any way that works.

It is not done for individual messages or MIME format digests, because
in these cases the MIME structure of the message can be preserved and
attachments will come through as attachments.

There is no way to invoke Scrubber for MIME digests or individual
messages without altering code. If you wanted to do this, you could
look at how Mailman.Handlers.Scrubber.process() is invoked in
Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py and invoke it perhaps in
Mailman/Handlers/MimeDel.py or some other handler for individual
messages.