[Mailman-Users] Archives missing on newly-created list

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Mar 24 02:23:03 CET 2005

On 3/23/2005 8:44, "Charlie Summers" <charlie at lofcom.com> wrote:

>    Before I get to the meat of my situation, I need to verify that I do indeed
> have a problem; since I have not been able to find _any_ reference to anything
> similar through searching this list's archives, the web, et al, I'm not
> convinced this isn't either "installer-error" or even just a mistaken
> impression on how things are supposed to work.

Short of VERP, I've been considering configuring Exim on the mailing list
servers to send AOL messages one per connection, and through another of our
servers rather than directly.  That way the second of our servers will log
the "for blah at aol.com" phrase, and we'll have a chance.  I haven't done the
deed yet, so I don't yet know how (and moving to a newer Exim and Mailman
takes precedence when I have the time).

(It would be nice to be able to configure Mailman to VERP on a per receiving
mail domain basis.  But that's not in there.)

  --John