[Mailman-Users] Unable to subscribe.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 28 22:27:21 CEST 2005

Matthew A. Marshall wrote:

>This is what I see.  We have a mail router which accepts incoming email
>for anyone at noaa.gov.  This includes mailing lists.  The
>listname-request at noaa.gov gets forwarded to
>listname-request at listserver.noaa.gov.   I see the message come in and
>get sent to mailman.  Nothing after that.  If I send the confirmation to
>listname-request at listserver.noaa.gov instead of
>listname-request at noaa.gov I see the message come in, get sent to mailman
>and then the welcome message sent back out.  This makes absolutly no
>sense as to why it works one way, but not the other.

It makes no sense to me either, but it seems that somehow the process
of forwarding from listname-request at noaa.gov to
listname-request at listserver.noaa.gov is changing something in the
message other than just adding another Received: header. Does it
rewrite the envelope sender? I don't even know if this would matter -
just grasping at straws - but something must be going on in that
process.