[Mailman-Users] digest options

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 19:08:40 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 21:44 -0800, Jennifer Stanley wrote:
> hi.
>
> i manage several discussion lists hosted by Dreamhost. for subscribers
> who prefer digests, there are, it appears, few options for controlling
> or customizing digest delivery. i had a request that digests be sent
> weekly, but it appears that the frequency is dictated only by the size
> of the volume. is there any way to (a) make digest delivery calendar
> based rather than folder-size based? (e.g., sent weekly, daily, or
> whatever, vs. after the folder reaches 30k or 250k or whatever) and/or
> (b) is there any way to allow the subscriber to set these options for
> themselves?

You can set it to daily delivery if its size threshold has not been
reached. Its the 5th option on the digest page labeled "Should a digest
be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't reached?".

Unfortunately you cannot select the granularity of the of the interval.
If you had command line access there are other options, but hosting
companies for obvious reasons do not permit this.

The digest delivery "event" is a property of the list, not a subscriber
preference, although I can see the value in that, its not currently
supported.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>