[Mailman-Users] Backup

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue May 3 20:25:50 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 11:02 -0700, Staven Bruce wrote:
> I know this topic pops up fairly regularly, however I was unable to find an
> answer to my specific question going through the archives and the FAQ's. I
> want to create a script that will output to a file a list of all subscribers
> e-mail addresses,  the list they subscribe to, and their associated
> password. However, the issues I have run into are as follows:
>
> -- The standard script that requires nmh at
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.006.htp> uses
> the /var/lib/mailman directory which does not exist in my installation of
> Mailman 2.1.5 on Red Hat Enterprise 3.0.

No big deal, just edit the script and change the directory.

> -- I can get list membership addresses using the
> /var/mailman/bin/list_members script, however I have to specifcy each list
> individually and I can not receive the password. In addition, I would have
> to change the script everytime a new list was created.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on scripting this functionality?

mm_bin=/usr/lib/mailman/bin
for list in `$mm_bin/list_lists -b`
do
   echo $list
   $mm_bin/list_members $list
done

You can always get fancier by using with_list which would give you more
control over what gets printed, but that requires some python coding
ability.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>