[Mailman-Users] mbox archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 20 17:53:59 CEST 2005

Jean-Philippe GIOLA wrote:

>when that mbox file is created ??
>in the default.py file, I have seen "monthly" but i created a list more
>than a month ago and the mbox file isn't still created...

The archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file is created
the first time a post is archived.

If you have archiving turned on (Archive messages? = Yes on the
Archiving Options page) and you haven't changed ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX in
mm_cfg.py, then there's possibly a group/permissions problem on the
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/ directory. Check the Mailman error
log for messages about this and 'shunting'.

If there are shunted messages, you can reprocess them after fixing the
proplem causing the associated errors by running bin/unshunt.