[Mailman-Users] check_perms -f leads to cgi error

Rob Scott rob at reboot.ca
Tue May 24 21:40:25 CEST 2005

I'm fairly certain this problem was caused by my running check_perms -f when
troubleshooting another issue, since resolved, but right after fixing that when attempting to access the web interface I got a 403 for everything. admin,
listinfo, etc. I went to a backup of the site and copied the permissions for
the cgi_bin and public_html (which contains symlinks to the actual cgi
scripts.) Now apache is tossing a 500 (internal server e) and the error log
reads:
Premature end of script headers: admin

I'm almost positive this started when I ran check_perms -f, if has anyone seen
this kind of error before or has any ideas what could be the cause I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Rob Scott
IMT Consultant

Reboot Consulting Co.
#101-506 John St.
Victoria, BC, V8T 1T6
Main  (250) 380-0377
Fax   (250) 385-2668

http://www.reboot.ca/

This electronic message transmission, including any attached files, contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended to be for the sole use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. This message is not to be forwarded for any reason without prior consent of the sender. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone (250) 380-0377 or by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments, without reading or saving in any manner.