[Mailman-Users] config.db and config.db.last

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 2 23:06:51 CET 2005

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>The above are missing for several of my mailing lists. How do I remedy
>this dilemma? Do I HAVE to recreate the lists?

If you do anything, it should be deletion of them from the lists that
contain them. config.db files are an older format that was changed to
the current config.pck format in Mailman 2.1. When your Mailman was
first upgraded to 2.1.x, the config.db files were converted to
config.pck files. New lists won't have them and they can be safely
deleted from old lists as long as the config.pck files are there, and
if the config.pck files aren't there, the list hasn't been accessed
since pre 2.1.