[Mailman-Users] virtual mail problem

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Fri Nov 4 03:23:32 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 03:40 pm, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Kanogin A.A.
>
> >MS> Your aliases are good. The problem appears to be that Postfix does not
> >MS> recognize "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post lugnn" as a pipe and
> >MS> is treating it as a username.
> >
> >MS> This is a Postfix configuration issue of some kind.
> >
> >----------
> >my main.cf:
> >----------
>
> <snip>
>
> >----------
> >my master.cf
> >----------
>
> <snip>
>
> Beyond verifying that your aliases look correct, I can't help you with
> Postfix configuration. Someone else on the Mailman list might be able
> to help, but this is a generic Postfix configuration issue. I.e., an
> alias of the form
>
> name: "|/path/to/command args"
>
> is trying to redirect mail addressed to name at domain to
> "|/path/to/command args"@domain instead of piping it to the command.
>
> You would be more likely to get timely help by using Postfix support
> resources rather than Mailman support resources.

Well, I am still working on my set-up. The alias file doesn't get read her. I
found this:

found this on
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg00712.html

Do you use LMTP as delivery method? AFAIK using LMTP, mails don't pass
aliases - you have to use the virtual-table instead.
Now I am at setting-up a virtual instead of an alias.
Don't know if I am capable of that.

I am using LMTP. this was configured by kolab2
--

Thomas Spuhler

All e-mail from this domain is scanned for viruses