[Mailman-Users] List Info Page

Jared Rimer jrimer at tagline.cc
Sun Nov 6 19:11:58 CET 2005

I'd like to know the same thing, I want to put the webmaster
addresses on my domain and I'm also running Cpannel.

At 10:00 11/6/2005, David wrote:
>Now I'm not sure I stated the question right.  On the listinfo page it
>lists all the lists and the lists all seem to be fine but on that page
>it has this:

>unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and
>the list name appended.
>
>List administrators, you can visit the list admin overview page
><http://mail.greater-lansing.com/mailman/admin> to find the management
>interface for your list.
>
>If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
>mailman at mail.greater-lansing.com <mailto:mailman at mail.greater-lansing.com>.
>

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Where can I get that if your are having trouble using the lists, please
>contact (changed to) webmaster at greater-lansing.com
>
>David
>
>Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > David wrote:
> >

> >> When I go to my mailman  list info page located at:
> >>
> >> It says to contact mailman at mail.greater-lansing.com which is not address
> >> at all and it should display. webmaster at greater-lansing.com    Is there
> >> some place I can change that?  I am on Cpanel install.
> >>

> > I'm not sure if your issue is with the 'mailman' or the
> > 'mail.greater-lansing.com' or both.
> >
> > 'mailman' is the name of the site list. You can't have a specific list
> > or list owner here, because this is the overview page. The idea is
> > that this sitewide entry is the address of the site list, and the
> > various list-owners and/or other people who should get this mail
> > should be subscribed to the site list.
> >
> > 'mail.greater-lansing.com' is the email host associated with the url
> > host 'mail.greater-lansing.com'. If this is not correct, e.g., if it
> > should be 'greater-lansing.com', the problem is in DEFAULT_URL_HOST,
> > DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and/or add_virtualhost() entries in
> > Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py or it's something specific to cPanel.
> >
> > If the problem is that the site list is in a completely different
> > domain and mail to 'site_list at your_email_domain' doesn't work at all,
> > this is a consequence of the cPanel changes to 'localize' list names
> > to a domain and has to be addressed by cPanel.
> >

>--
>No Smoking Forum - Http://www.nicodemon.info/community
>Lansing Forum - Http://www.greater-lansing.com/community
>
>I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby & Tom Delay! `08 Republican Dream Team.
>The GOP Runnin on Values and Morality.
>Some Things Just Speak for Themselves~

>Security Policy:
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&amp;file=faq01.027.htp

Jared Rimer
Business website: http://www.superior-software.com/support
Personal Website: http://www.asmodean.net/jrimer
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired  http://menvi.org a
service done through Superior Software level one
WBBY Internet Radio and All In Play team up.  Learn more
http://www.menvi.org/allinplay
WBBY Internet Radio: www.wbby.us