[Mailman-Users] iso-8859-8-i messages goes to the shunt directory

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Mon Nov 7 10:10:02 CET 2005

Hello All,

I have the following of problem:

When message sent to the list in Hebrew Language in iso-8859-8-i encoding, it doesn't sent and goes directly to /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/shunt,
so I have to run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/unshunt manually to release these messages.
But then these messages released, the subject line of these messages is empty.

Here are some headers of these kind of messages:

Subject: =?iso-8859-8-i?B?Rnc6IPf46eDkIODn+OXw5CDs8OXx8untIOz08Okg5OTu+ODkIA==?=

On the other hand, messages with windows-1255 encoding arrive to the recipients with no problem.

Here are some headers of these kind of messages:

Subject: [Academic] =?windows-1255?b?+OD5ICDu8vjqIPr3+eX4+iAg5PHh+OQg5ePl?=
 =?windows-1255?b?4fjl+g==?=

What's the problem here and how can I solve it?

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky