[Mailman-Users] customizing the archive web page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 8 05:34:51 CET 2005

Hal Mueller wrote:

>I want to modify the look of some of the web pages generated from
>list archives--add links to some other parts of my web site, logo,
>etc.  It looks like Archiver/HyperArch.py controls that.  Should I
>edit that file, or is there a better way to do it?  I am happy to
>have all of my changes be site-wide.

That's what the templates are for. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>
for information on where to put edited templates - per list, per
domain or sitewide.

The base templates are in templates/<language>. The archive ones are
arch*.html and article.html.

After editing the templates, they will only affect new pages. To change
all archive pages for a list or lists, you need

bin/arch --wipe <listname>

assuming you have the cumulative
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file intact.