[Mailman-Users] customizing the archive web page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 8 06:14:40 CET 2005

Hal Mueller wrote:

>On Nov 7, 2005, at 8:34 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> That's what the templates are for.
>
>Thanks Mark.  Those appear to control only the list/user management
>and moderation pages.  I don't see any templates to control the looks
>of individual messages in the archives, or thread/subject/date/author
>view, or month-by-month browsing.  Am I missing something obvious?

Where are you looking?

As I tried to indicate in my prior post, the templates/en/ directory
for example (and the other language directories too) contains among
others, the following - all of which have to do with various aspects
of the archives.

archidxentry.html
archidxfoot.html
archidxhead.html
archlistend.html
archliststart.html
archtoc.html
archtocentry.html
archtocnombox.html
article.html

If you're looking at the editing page in the admin web interface, that
is only a small subset, and it only saves edited templates for the
particular list.

Again, if you haven't done so, see the FAQ
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>