[Mailman-Users] Slow Outgoing Queue

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 8 21:19:12 CET 2005

Harold Paulson wrote:

>I am having trouble with a slow outgoing queue.  I am running Mailman
>2.1.6 on FreeBSD 4.11.

<example snipped>

>Any idea what is causing the holdup for outgoing messages?  Any tips
>that will help me trace this down?  Thanks in advance.

Visit the FAQ wizard
and search for performance.

several relevant articles will be found. Note the following from 4.11

* Configure your MTA to not do DNS verifies on receipt from localhost.
Most MTAs default to doing verifies by default. Leaving that turned on
will slow delivery rates from mailman to your MTA significantly,
especially for larger lists.