[Mailman-Users] Different servers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Nov 10 16:32:23 CET 2005

Supras Consult wrote:

>(1) My host is EarthLink, which is not listed on these pages. I clearly have
>to contact EarthLink about this. What exactly do I ask them to find out
>whether they host Mailman and, if so, under what conditions an/or
>limitations?

You could ask them just exactly that, but large ISP's like earthlink
tend to provide only internet access, personal email and perhaps a web
portal. They do not in general provide any support for mailing list
management.

>(2) I use WinXP, and, doing a search on this, the verdict does not appear
>clear. Some seems to say Mailman works on all platforms, while others argue
>against using, for example, WinXP?

Mailman works on all Unix-like platforms. You can run Mailman under
Cygwin on WinXP, but there may be security issues.